The first 4 months with Shriya, I guess, this post will be the lengthiest post so far in my blog :-D. Thanks to Shriya’s pranks :-D.
As everyone knows, the initial days were pretty tiring as a new mommy for me (for my DH too) . We came to know about this right the day (errr night) she was born. After me getting transferred to new mommy’s room from the L&D, Shriya was asleep and all of a sudden she cried like anything around 3 AM. We were pretty tired and were fast asleep and woke up alarmed!!! CODE ALERT!!! 😀 We didnt have a clue as why she was crying and called up Nurse’s assistance and she came in, checked S’s diaper and was smiling, saying, baby has a Poo-Poo
:-D, nothing to worry. And there started our diaper changing ritual 😛 , well, rather for my DH. I wasn’t able to even stand up on my own as I had Episiotomy done, so he was taking care of the LO, changing her, swaddling her, feeding her (Yea, I didn’t get my BM for initial 4 days and S was on Similac)
Thus it started….and it continues…. 🙂
S was born 4lbs 11.5Oz, got reduced to 4 lbs and 7 Oz the next day 😦 My heart ached when I read the weighing scale and I felt motherly feeling in me immediately. So I was “roomed-in” for the sake of the baby, and to improve her health & gain her weight.
We came home on Sunday the 19th of April 2009.

Soon after I got colostrum, S was completely on my BM. So the feeding routine was like 8-10 feedings a day (Even recorded 11 some days 😀 ) And she used to fall asleep while nursing, it was very very difficult for me to wake her up from her sleep and to make her latch to me. I cried so many days saying she isn’t drinking much from me and she’s just sleeping all the time. there were times when I freaked out completely and called up my Lactation consultant many times in a day 🙂 Now when I look back and think about those days, I wear a big fat smile on my face. How crazy I was over her feeding!!! Motherhood rocks!!! 😛

After 2-3 weeks of staying in lower level, we finally moved to the upper level to our master suite where we have housed S’s nursery. And now S sleeps in her own crib. How cute!!!

And the feedings got reduced to 6-7 times a day and now it is like 5-6 times a day.

The next thing I would like to write about is F.O.R.M.U.L.A. Arrghhhhhh S still doesn’t like formula and we force feed her. I know its not going to work out in the long run, but still, she has to be fed formula atleast 1 a day as I have joined back to work. I tried Similac Advance Early shield, Similac Isomil advance, Enfamil Lipil and now back to Similac Early shield. She cries / resists initially for 2 mins and later on she will accept it and drink. But those initial 2 mins, if people hear her cry, they will think as if we are torturing her 😦 I’m helpless as to how to avoid her initial fussiness over formula 😦

Other thing, I want to mention is her sleeping pattern. She needs to be rocked in her swing during daytime to put her to sleep. I tried many times putting her in her crib, or in bed beside me,Nahhhhh she doesn’t sleep. Though she feels terriblyyyyy sleepy, she will rub her eyes so much, but she wont sleep. Eventually she will cry saying that she IS FEELING SLEEPY & wants to be ROCKED!!! She wins everytime!!! Finally, I think its better for her to sleep than to cry and end up in putting her to her SWING. Whattaaaaa stubbornness!!! She will sleep within 2mins once she’s in her swing. I’m helpless now, again, as to how to make her sleep without rocking her in her swing, coz, am sure she will outgrow the swing soon….

We started Single Grain Rice cereal for our LO. The 1st 2 days I tried, she didnt like it and from 3rd day she started enjoying it, hopefully, she continues 🙂