Dec 21st, Shriya spent 8 hrs without me/ my mum/ my DH
Poor lil girl…

Me & my DH dropped her at the sitter’s place on 21st morning around 9AM. We bundled her up in her bunny costume, made her really cozy, put a hat on her with ear flaps and a baby blankie around her. All set, she was in her car seat. And was all smiling. Poor thing was thinking that we are going out for a ride or some shopping. Little does she know that she will be dropped @ the sitter’s place that day 😦 I felt very bad and awful throughout our drive to the sitter’s house. When we went there, Shriyu looked @ her and when the sitter (aunty ji) tried to hold her and play with her, she refused to go to her. She started to suck her thumb and inclined on my shoulders. I was time to leave her 😦 Sighhhhh…I dropped her on the carpet to talk to aunty ji about her feeding schedule and there she was crying @ her high pitch 😦 After a while, another 6 month old baby that the sitter is looking after came in. And for some time Shriya stopped her cry, she got more curious to see another lil baby there and started move towards her. Surprisingly, the other baby girl’s name is Shreya πŸ™‚ So now Shriya and Shreya started to touch at each other and exchanged smiles πŸ™‚ Well, atlast, one happy sign that my lil one will be alrite. After a while, me & vas, went in the other room, and waited until she is ok with aunty ji and we quietly slipped away, with a heavy heavy heart. I was very upset and crying all the way back home. When we entered our home, it was empty, silent and my heart ached even more 😦 I just couldn’t control and burst out into tears again.

We called in the sitter, more frequently I should say, to check on Shriya. Was saddened to hear that she threw up the oatmeal breakfast that the sitter gave her. Made a call again by lunch time and learnt that the lil one is sleeping. Was thinking about the days when Shriya will sleep in the living room on her cradle swing, with exhaust fan ON so that she doesn’t get disturbed. I wonder how she was sleeping @ the sitter’s place and learnt later in the evening, that she slept in her car seat. Poor thing.

I was working from home and was waiting to get over with my work to pick up my bunny. As soon I entered the sitter’s house, Shriyu welcomed me with a bright smile on her face and an instant cry and I interpreted it as, ‘Where were you all these while and why did you leave me alone???’ Awwwwwwwwwwww I rushed and hugged my lil one and went aside to spend my alone time with her. And later my DH joined us. We later thanked aunty ji, got her soiled clothes and bottles and said bye-bye to her and left her place. Shriyu was hugging me and was inclined on me all the time.

We took her home, played with her and can very well see that she was glad to be home πŸ™‚ She looked at all her things, our couch, the accent pillows on the couch and her familiar laptop, TV and she was very comfortable. Dad played with her while I went to fix some dinner and lunch for the next day. And yes, dad gave her milk and she enjoyed it by making all different sound and I joined her too :-P. Later, I joined them and we played and after feeding her dinner, I put her to bed.

So her first day was not very bad but not so good too. 1st half was bad, 2nd half was compartively ok, as the lil one slept for 2.5 hrs πŸ™‚ Thank god. I’m just praying my appa to be with her always when we are not around. Thank you, appa. Love you, Shriya